Google Information Technology Apprenticeship
The Google Information Technology Apprenticeship is a 12-months program offering training and development to individuals looking to start a career in IT.
- University Graduate or Diploma or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with tools such as spreadsheet software, email and word processing software
- Experience working with computers.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate
- Effective problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
Role Description (and additional job description)
In this role, you will develop the skills you need to become a IT and Operation Engineers and get paid in the process. Google aim to build a pipeline for the next generation of IT and operation engineers, actively bridging the gap between technical employment and education.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Google to solve real life problems. You will learn how to apply problem solving skills to real life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platform, data gathering and analysis, automating repetitive tasks, remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies and other industry practices.
Google will equip you with everything you need to know to support his users. You will receive specialized training in networking, infrastructure and multi-platform system administration and you will develop further skills through hands-on experience in communication technology (video and voice), hardware, mobile devices and project management.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe thats in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
Responsibilities Of Information Technology Apprenticeship
- Help support internal infrastructure escalating issues to appropriate teams as needed
- Help support internal employees on all other IT needs across a variety of platforms, including ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Ios and Android
- Attend required training and participate in mentoring sessions as specified.