Module 7 focuses on Agile project management, which is an iterative and flexible approach to managing projects. Agile methodologies have gained popularity due to their ability to adapt to changing requirements and deliver value in a fast-paced, uncertain environment. This module provides learners with an understanding of Agile principles, frameworks, and practices.
Key Topics Covered:
- Learn about the Scrum framework, its roles (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Development Team), and ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective).
- Understand how Scrum facilitates iterative development, prioritization, and collaboration.
- Understand the Lean principles and how they complement Agile project management.
- Explore concepts such as waste reduction, value stream mapping, and continuous improvement.
- Understand how Agile projects are executed and monitored.
- Learn about techniques such as daily stand-ups, Kanban boards, and visual management to track progress and address issues.
- Explore the importance of collaboration and communication in Agile project management.
- Learn about techniques such as cross-functional teams, co-location, and frequent feedback to foster effective collaboration.
- Learn about scaling Agile methodologies for larger projects and organizations.
- Explore frameworks such as SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) for scaling Agile practices.
By the end of Module 7, learners will have a comprehensive understanding of Agile project management. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to apply Agile principles and practices, select the appropriate Agile framework for a project, facilitate Agile ceremonies, plan and estimate work in an Agile context, monitor project progress, foster collaboration and communication, manage risks in Agile projects, and scale Agile practices for larger initiatives. This module prepares learners to leverage the benefits of Agile methodologies in delivering projects efficiently and effectively.