attract and engage customers with digital marketing weekly challenge 3
1. As a digital marketer creating a webpage, you create content that visitors find engaging. The visitors then share and direct other visitors to the website. This represents which site optimization recommendation?
2. Which of the following are recommended ways to promote your website and attract backlinks? Select all that apply.
- Pay for backlinks on popular industry websites.
- Share quality content on social media.
- Publish blog posts about new content or new services you offer.
- Connect with online communities related to your site, such as forums and social media groups.
3. Which of the following is true regarding images on a website?
- The Google algorithm reviews the caption but not the filename.
- A descriptive page title helps Google understand the photo’s context.
- Keyword stuffing alt text is recommended.
- The size of the image is irrelevant.
4. Which of the following is a webpage title element recommendation?
- The title element should be brief, but descriptive.
- Title elements should accurately describe the entire website.
- Only a few pages should have a unique title element.
- Title elements should use the same keyword at least twice.
6. Which of the following best describes structured data?
- Enhanced elements in Google search with extra visual or interactive features.
- A type of code used for rich results
- A test to ensure there are no mistakes with the markup
- Code used to better describe a webpage’s content to search engines
7. Which of the following is true regarding sitemaps?
- It is particularly important to submit a sitemap if the website is under 100 pages.
- It is a best practice to submit a sitemap to improve the crawling process.
- Sitemaps are primarily submitted for visitor ease-of-use and not for search engines.
- Popular website platforms typically do not create and submit a sitemap automatically.
8. What is the first step you need to take when setting up Google Search Console?
9. What Search Console report indicates if certain webpages are not compliant with webmaster quality guidelines?
10. As a digital marketer managing a website, you would like to prevent a webpage on your site from appearing in Google Search. What Search Console tool could provide a temporary fix?
Shuffle Q/A 1
11. What are some benefits of good anchor text? Select all that apply.
- Helps Google place a manual action on the webpage
- Helps Google understand what the page you are linking to is about
- Helps visitors with a visual impairment understand the link
- Helps visitors navigate the website
12. Why should a digital marketer avoid keyword stuffing when writing alt text for website images?
- Images with keywords are often positioned in the wrong place on a page away from relevant text.
- It can cause a negative user experience, and Google Search may recognize the site as spam.
- Images largely contribute to overall page size, which can make pages load slowly.
- It can cause images to load incorrectly on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.