operating systems and you becoming a power user week 4 answers
1. Which of the following is a characteristic of the FAT32 filesystem? Check all that apply.
2. What’s the difference between a GPT and MBR partition table? Check all that apply.
- GPT allows you to have volume sizes of 2TBs or greater.
- MBR only allows you to have volume sizes of 2TBs or less.
- GPT allows you to have volume sizes larger than 2TBs and a large number of partitions.
- MBR is the new standard for partition tables.
3. Before you can store files on a hard drive, which of the following has to be done? Check all that apply.
6. What’s the PowerShell commandlet you can use to extract and compress archives right from the command line?
- The second partition of the second hard drive detected on the system
- The second B hard drive
- The first hard drive that was detected on the system
- The first partition of the second hard drive detected on the system
7. Which of the following commands in Windows will create a symbolic link called "cauliflower" to a file named "broccoli.txt?"
9. In Linux, what's the difference between a hardlink and a symlink (Symbolic Link)? Check all that apply.
- If you change the original name of the file, a hard link will still work.
- A symlink adds an entry to the MFT that points to the linked file number instead of the name of the file.
- A hardlink points to a linked file number.
- A symlink points to a filename.