agile project management weekly challenge 4 answers
1. Fill in the blank: You can make sure your team delivers value to customers by building the right thing, building the thing right, and _____.
3. Fill in the blank: In a release plan, product releases happen when _____.
- the project is complete and the team has delivered the final product
- the customer has asked for the release of a given feature or requirement
- the feature or requirement is in development and is being iterated upon
- the team has developed a working version of a given feature or requirement
4. Which of the following are product roadmap best practices? Select all that apply.
- Fine-tune delivery dates for accuracy well in advance.
- Make the roadmap highly noticeable to the team and refer to it frequently.
- Indicate highest priority and highest value items.
- Conduct regular reviews with sponsors, stakeholders, and the team.
- Inform the team you finalized the roadmap.
- Make the roadmap highly visible to stakeholders.
5. Imagine you’re a project manager creating a project roadmap. You meet with the Product Owner to estimate the team’s capacity and velocity—their ability to complete work at a certain pace. Which Agile principle does this scenario represent?
- Agile processes promote sustainable development—the team developers should be able to maintain a constant workload.
- Deliver working software frequently, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Stakeholders and the team developers must work together daily throughout the project
- At regular intervals, the development team meets to reflect on how to become more effective
6. As a project manager, your organization makes a shift to Agile. To create a sense of urgency, which questions should you ask your team about what’s working, and what’s not working right now?
- How can we change the company’s stated mission or values to better align with our work?
- What can we do to cut costs in our product creation and Sprint process?
- What allows our competitors to outperform us and get their products and features to market more quickly?
- How can we help you become more productive and supported in your work?
7. Imagine you are a project manager overseeing the adoption of Agile at your organization. To smooth the transition, you define specific outcomes. You also make sure the measures are visible to the entire team throughout the change. Which of the three keys to influence does this scenario demonstrate?
8. Imagine you are a project manager overseeing a new set design for a local news network. You notice your team is becoming overwhelmed with critical feedback from producers. Then, your team informs you that they no longer want to receive feedback from the producers. Which Agile principle do these issues impact the most?
9. What can you do to avoid making too many or unfounded product assumptions? Select all that apply.
- Ask the Product Owner to double-check and approve assumptions.
- Discuss assumptions as a team.
- Conduct surveys or focus groups to double-check assumptions, where necessary.
- Reuse assumptions from similar, past projects.
- Document assumptions and make them transparent to all.