conduct ux research and test early concepts coursera week 3 answers
Test your knowledge on synthesizing data into insights
1. Fill in the blank: Researchers need to transition data they receive from observations to insights. To do this, they first need to _____ all the data from the usability study in one place.
2. Once researchers identify common themes in the data, what is the next step?
- Create an affinity diagram to organize the data for each theme.
- Develop a hypothesis for a product improvement based on each theme.
- Identify outliers and compare them to the common themes.
- Write an insight that tells the design team how to improve the product based on each theme.
3. When UX designers synthesize data, what are they doing? Select all that apply.
4. What is the difference between traditional and field research?
- Traditional research focuses on collecting first-hand observations, while field research prioritizes data collection.
- Field research focuses on collecting first-hand observations, while traditional research concentrates on compiling data.
- Traditional research focuses on defining trends in the marketplace, while field research collects data on those trends.
- Field research focuses on quality checking potential design features, while traditional research observes them.
Test your knowledge on strong insights
5. Which of the following are qualities of strong insights? Select all that apply.
6. A designer is gathering insights from a recent usability study for a new website design. Which of the following insights is grounded in real data?
- Users should be able to create a user account by scrolling to the account creation link.
- Most users successfully created a user account using the icon at the top of the page.
- Most users made the moderator feel happy about the study’s outcome by providing only positive feedback.
- Users typically can find the home page of a website.
7. Consider the following scenario:
A team is developing an online service that allows users to rent out tricycles in major cities, and they want to know how to improve the user experience. They conduct a usability study and discover that users like the idea of renting a tricycle. However, users find it inconvenient that the service is only accessible on desktop computers. Users say that if they were wandering the city, it would be nice to go to a storefront or kiosk for checkout.
Based on this scenario, which of the following is considered a strong insight?
- Users think that it is inconvenient that they can only rent tricycles.
- Users like that the app allows tricycle rentals.
- Users want the added option of renting tricycles at a physical location
- Users want more convenient features.