Practice Quiz: Introduction to Programming
1. What’s a computer program?
- A set of languages available in the computer
- A process for getting duplicate values removed from a list
- A list of instructions that the computer has to follow to reach a goal
- A file that gets copied to all machines in the network
3. What’s the difference between a program and a script?
- There’s not much difference, but scripts are usually simpler and shorter.
- Scripts are only written in Python.
- Scripts can only be used for simple tasks.
- Programs are written by software engineers; scripts are written by system administrators.
4. Which of these scenarios are good candidates for automation? Select all that apply.
- Generating a sales report, split by region and product type
- Creating your own startup company
- Helping a user who’s having network troubles
- Copying a file to all computers in a company
- Interviewing a candidate for a job
- Investigating the root cause of a machine failing to boot
5. What are semantics when applied to programming code?
- The rules for how a programming instruction is written
- The difference in number values in one instance of a script compared to another
- The intended meaning or logic of coded statements
- The end result of a programming instruction