design a user experience for social good and prepare for jobs week 5 answers
Test your knowledge on UX design portfolios
1. How does a portfolio help UX designers find work in their field? Select all that apply.
- A portfolio includes a 1-page summary on why a designer would be a good fit for an open position.
- A portfolio can highlight a UX designer’s skills during the job application process.
- A portfolio showcases a designer’s understanding of UX design principles.
2. What is a design portfolio?
- A collection of social media posts that demonstrate a designer’s work history
- A collection of work that demonstrates a designer’s skills during the job application process
- A collection of design work that includes the top designers in a field
- A collection of professional references complete with phone numbers
Test your knowledge on building an online presence
4. How can your presence in online design communities help you gain exposure to UX design? Select all that apply.
- You can engage with other UX designers by liking or commenting on their community posts.
- You can follow the profiles of non-UX design professionals.
- You can post your designs and receive feedback from experienced UX designers.
5. Why do recruiters check your social media profiles when considering you for a job? Select all that apply.
Weekly challenge 5: Build a professional presence
6. How can a portfolio be used to help further a designer’s career?
8. When including case studies in a design portfolio, which of the following questions should they answer?
9. Personal branding is essential to demonstrating a designer’s values, unique skills, and personality. What are the benefits of creating a personal brand? Select all that apply.
- A personal brand allows recruiters and potential employers to understand who you are, and learn about your passions and your strengths.
- A personal brand can help you match with companies that share your values.
- A personal brand helps you stand out from the crowd.
- A personal brand allows you to blend in with the rest of the design community.