analyze data to answer questions weekly challenge 3
2. A data analyst uses the SUM function to add together numbers from a spreadsheet. However, after getting a zero result, they realize the numbers are actually text. What function can they use to convert the text to a numeric value?
3. When using VLOOKUP, there are some common limitations that data analysts should be aware of. One of these limitations is that VLOOKUP can only return a value from the data to the left of the matched value.
4. Fill in the blank: When writing a function, a data analyst wraps a table array in dollar signs. This is an _____ , which is used to lock the array so rows and columns don’t change if the function is copied.
5. The following is a selection from a spreadsheet:
To search for the growth in population in Indonesia, what is the correct VLOOKUP syntax?
6. An INNER JOIN is a function that returns records with matching values in two or more tables. An OUTER JOIN is a function that combines RIGHT and LEFT JOIN to return all matching records in both tables.
Shuffle Q/A 1
9. In data analytics, what is the process of gathering data from multiple sources and combining it into a single, summarized collection?
10. A data analyst is performing numerical calculations on the data in their spreadsheet. Ahead of these calculations, they use the VALUE function. Why might they do this?
- To get a list of all the distinct numbers in the data
- To convert the numbers in the data from text to numerical values
- To sum up all the numbers in the spreadsheet
- To find the average of all the numbers in the spreadsheet