project execution running the project weekly challenge 2 answers
1. As a project manager overseeing a product launch, you monitor and inspect the results to ensure the project is meeting the quality standards. You notice one standard is not being met and take corrective action to improve the standard. Which quality management concept does the inspection and corrective action represent?
2. During which step of the quality management process does a project manager ask questions such as: “How will I determine if the quality measures will lead to project success?” and “What outcome do my customers want at the end of this project?”
3. To receive authentic and honest feedback from customers, what strategy should a project manager use?
- Ask open-ended questions and listen to the customer’s current state versus their desired state
- Incentivize customers with a gift card because they’re more likely to respond
- Ask for feedback after the project finishes because customers won’t fully understand the product until it’s complete
- Ask for stakeholder feedback and relay it to customers in hopes to close the gap between the customer’s expectation and the project’s needs
4. During a user acceptance test (UAT), the project manager creates UAT scripts so the testers better understand the product or service. The project manager writes the scripts based on user stories, which are best described as what?
- Communications that report on questions, issues, or delays during the testing process
- Step-by-step instructions that users follow during the testing process
- Informal, general explanations of a feature that reflect the perspective of an end user
- Feedback from users that includes positive comments, bug reports, and change requests