Test your knowledge: Project charter components
1. What is the purpose of a project charter? Select all that apply.
2. What three questions should you ask yourself when adding details to a project charter? Select all that apply.
- Are there project details that the stakeholders might disagree with?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What details are most important to the stakeholders?
- Which project management tools would the stakeholders prefer the team use?
3. How can you use your project charter as a tool to align with stakeholders in the initiation phase?
- Ask stakeholders to each submit their visions for the project and add these as separate project charters.
- Introduce the project team to stakeholders so that everyone can discuss the project charter together.
- Edit the project charter into a 1-page, high-level summary for your team members to review.
- Present the project charter to stakeholders to confirm that everyone agrees with the project information.