foundations of project management weekly challenge 4 answers
1. Define organizational structure.
- How a company is arranged, how job tasks are divided and coordinated, and how members of the organization relate to one another
- How a company’s corporate governance functions, how it prioritizes clear and sustainable goals, and how it implements changes
- How a company defines its values, how it retains employees, and how teams maintain productivity
- How a company sets budgets, documents expenses, and tracks income
2. Which answer best describes a Matrix organizational structure?
- It includes an internal group that defines and maintains project management standards across the organization.
- It has a linear reporting, which is similar to the structure of a military branch.
- It involves reporting to stakeholders across teams in addition to direct managers.
- It follows a traditional, top-down reporting structure with a clear chain of command.
3. How does a company’s organizational structure impact project management?
- It affects the project’s success rate and a team’s ability to improve.
- It affects the success of change management and the availability of resources.
- It affects the project manager’s authority and the availability of resources.
- It affects the project manager’s authority and the success of change management.
5. Why should project managers learn about organizational culture? Select all that apply.
- So they can communicate more effectively with teams
- So they can demonstrate how a project supports the company’s mission and values
- So they can manage change effectively
- So they can assign the right number of people to a project
7. What questions can project managers ask themselves in order to help manage change effectively? Select all that apply.
- Which influencers in the organization can affect the change?
- Which leaders shouldn’t be informed of the change?
- What are the best means of communication to convey the change?
- How will the organization react to change
8. As someone interviewing for a project management role, you ask questions about sick days and vacation, working from home, and if the company supports employees sharing their identity in the workplace. Which part of a company’s culture do these questions help you learn more about?
9. As a project manager, you want to integrate change management into your project. To prepare for the adoption of your recommended changes and to gather information, you incorporate surveys, flowcharts, and culture mapping. These actions represent which change management best practice?
10. Fill in the blank: Project governance covers _____.
- roles such as sponsor, stakeholder, project manager, client, and team members
- phases such as the initiating, planning, executing, and closing of a project
- decisions such as policies, regulations, functions, processes, and procedures
- documents such as the project charter, project proposal, RACI chart, and project communication plan