introduction to git and github week 4
Practice Quiz: Pull Requests
1. What is the difference between using squash and fixup when rebasing?
- Squash deletes previous commits.
- Squash combines the commit messages into one. Fixup discards the new commit message.
- Squash only works on Apple operating systems.
- Fixup combines the commit messages into one. Squash discards the commit message.
2. What is a pull request?
- The owner of the target repository requesting you to add your changes.
- A request sent to the owner and collaborators of the target repository to pull your recent changes.
- A request to delete previous changes.
- A request for a specific feature in the next version.
3. Under what circumstances is a new fork created?
- When you want to experiment with changes without affecting the main repository.
- When you clone a remote repository to your local machine.
- During a merge conflict.
- When there are too many branches.