project initiation starting a successful project weekly challenge 1 answers
1.Why is it important to initiate a project? Select all that apply.
- Help the project manager establish a good reputation
- Provide a strong foundation and set the stage for success
- Determine if the project’s benefits outweigh the costs
- Solidify the scope of a project
2. What two questions can a project manager ask to determine a project’s costs?
3. What are the key components of project initiation?
- Goals, scope, planning, documentation, success criteria, and resources
- Goals, scope, deliverables, success criteria, stakeholders, and resources
- Findings, scope, planning, deliverables, success criteria, and resources
- Findings, scope, deliverables, monitoring progress, stakeholders, and resources
4. Imagine you’re the project manager of a new grocery delivery service. You meet with stakeholders to set an overarching framework of what is and is not included in the project statement of work and deliverables. Which project initiation component are you trying to determine?
6. A project charter adds value to projects in what three ways?
- Sets up a framework for what project work the team needs to do
- Allows project managers to get organized
- Includes a plan to mitigate potential risks
- Helps project managers communicate project details to others