foundations of digital marketing and e-commerce weekly challenge 2 answers
1. Imagine that a bakery establishes an online presence and posts ads on various social media sites, but their ads are not attracting new customers. How can digital marketing help the bakery thrive online?
2. Fill in the blank: A successful digital marketing strategy helps to build _____.
3. Consider the following scenario:
There are two marketing managers. One manager has their team focus on figuring out how to sell more products. The other manager has their team focus on helping customers address pain points and achieve their goals. The first manager’s approach is about the company’s goals. What is the second approach about?
4. What tool helps digital marketers better understand how customers find a company and learn about a company?
5. What is a marketing funnel?
- An advertising strategy aimed at narrowing people’s experience with the company’s product
- A reverse examination of people who leave the brand after a poor experience in their customer journey
- A step-by-step experience through which people go from first clicking on a brand’s website to exploring its different features
- A visual representation of the process through which people go from first learning about a brand to becoming loyal customers
6. How does a marketing funnel differ from a customer journey map?
- A marketing funnel is about what a company can do to reach more customers in the preliminary stage. A customer journey map is about how potential customers decide not to continue their purchasing journey.
- A marketing funnel is about what a company can do to move lots of customers from one stage to the next. A customer journey map is about how specific customers reach different points in their purchasing journey.
- A marketing funnel is about what a company can do to discourage certain customers from moving from one stage to the next. A customer journey map is about how customers feel during each step of their product journey.
- A marketing funnel is about what a company can do to reach a specialized customer base as they graduate from one stage to the next. A customer journey map is about how customers generalize their experience with the company.
8. Fill in the blank: It is important to _____ outcomes at each stage of the funnel because it allows a company to find out what they are doing right, what they are doing wrong, and where they could improve.
10. Why is it important to measure conversion in the marketing funnel?
- Because this metric allows companies to boost sales and save money
- Because it provides valuable insights into how customers interact with a company’s brand
- Because it raises customer awareness and attracts new customers
- Because this measurement reveals the level of engagement customers have with a company’s rewards program
Shuffle Q/A 1
11. Why does digital marketing focus on reaching potential customers? Select two answers.
- Because it enables better sales forecasts
- Because it helps increase the frequency of positive reviews
- Because it lets target audiences know that a company exists
- Because it helps set a company apart from its competitors
12. Why is it important to learn about your audience?
- It enables you to create a print ad campaign.
- It enables you to create a quick sales plan.
- It enables you to offer a first-time customer discount.
- It enables you to create tailored content for social media and set meaningful goals.