it security defense against the digital dark arts week 3 answers
1. How is authentication different from authorization?
- Authentication is verifying access to a resource; authorization is verifying an identity.
- Authentication is identifying a resource; authorization is verifying access to an identity.
- They’re the same thing.
- Authentication is verifying an identity; authorization is verifying access to a resource.
2. What are some characteristics of a strong password? Check all that apply,
4. What are some drawbacks to using biometrics for authentication? Check all that apply.
- Biometric authentication is difficult or impossible to change if compromised.
- Biometrics are easy to share.
- There are potential privacy concerns.
- Biometric authentication is much slower than alternatives.