create high-fidelity designs and prototypes in figma week 2 quiz answers
Test your knowledge on emphasis and hierarchy
1. A designer develops a website for a local bakery and wants to direct users to its online ordering page. They add a bright orange “Place an Order” button to the homepage with a white background. What visual weight variable did the designer incorporate in the app?
2. When deciding what to emphasize in your design, what key questions should you ask? Select all that apply.
3. Hierarchy is important in UX design because it makes clear to the user _____ and what action to take.
4. Which of the following is an example of hierarchy?
- A website’s homepage that opens up with a large image at the top and, as users scroll down the page, the other like images gradually become smaller.
- A website’s navigation bar alternates between different colors for each subject
- A website that features a consistent color scheme
- A website’s homepage adds bold color to the heading text
Test your knowledge on scale and proportion
6. If a designer reviews the navigation bar on a mockup and considers replacing one of the five icons, which visual design elements will best help them keep the design consistent and balanced? Select all that apply.
7. Fill in the blank: If one element in your proportionate design increases in size, then the other elements should _____.
- stay the same size so the original elements stay proportionate
- also increase in size at the same rate in order to remain proportionate
- shrink in size to place emphasis on the resized element
- move in the design to prevent any potential crowding
Test your knowledge on unity and variety
8. A design team builds a prototype for a local farm’s website. They incorporate a consistent color scheme, complementary fonts, and consistent spacing in the design. What visual design principle is this an example of?
9. If used effectively, variety can create visual interest and break up monotony. Which example is the best use of variety?
- Add emojis to the end of each sentence in a social media post
- Apply an orange background to normal weather events on a weather app
- Use different colors from the brand’s color palette in a website’s background
- Apply bold text to all content on a webpage