foundations of digital marketing and e-commerce weekly challenge 3 answers
1. Which of the following best describes brand equity?
- How a company communicates its values and culture
- The value customers attribute to a brand’s offerings when compared with similar products from another brand
- How a company is perceived by the public
- The number of customers that purchase a brand’s primary asset, like a product or service
2. Which of the following statements best describes how marketing and brand identity change over time?
- Marketing efforts are permanent; brand identity changes.
- Marketing efforts and brand identity are both permanent.
- Marketing efforts change; brand identity is permanent.
- Marketing efforts and brand identity are both likely to change.
3. Fill in the blank: When setting a digital marketing strategy, it's important to _____ and set meaningful goals before picking your channels.
4. Imagine that a fashion company wants to reach new customers. They write the following goal:
“We want to grow our customer base by 10% in the next 12 months. To do that, we will introduce a new clothing line based on market research about the preferences of our new target customer.”
What type of goal is this?
5. A company that makes a software product wants to grow their customer base. Which of the following is a specific marketing goal for this company?
- To make sure that we grow our customer base, we will increase lead generation and highlight our new product features by increasing our ad budget by 25%. We will also increase our budget for mid-funnel activities.
- To support the goal of growing our customer base by 25%, we will increase lead generation by 40% over the next year. To generate leads, we will highlight our new product features through a 15% increase in our ad budget and a 20% increase for mid-funnel activities.
- To support the goal of growing our customer base, we will increase lead generation in the coming months. To generate leads, we will highlight our new product features by increasing our ad budget and increasing our mid-funnel activities.
- To grow our customer base, we will increase lead generation, highlight our new product features, and increase our budget for mid-funnel activities. This will require an overall budget increase of 25% for marketing-related activities.
7. What are the disadvantages of paid search? Select two.
- Paid search does not work well with organic search.
- Paid search can have higher entry costs to start.
- Paid search results disappear when a business stops paying for them.
- Paid search results take a long time to create an impact.
8. As part of a marketing project, a company reviews its social media performance including likes, shares, and follows. The marketing team communicates these results to leadership. Which one of the five pillars of social media marketing does this represent?
9. Which of the following best describes email marketing?
- Sending emails to many recipients regardless of their interests
- Sending emails with claims that are too good to be true
- Sending unwanted emails out in bulk to a mass recipient list
- Sending emails to a list of existing subscribers with relevant, helpful content
10. Imagine that a business tailors its email marketing content to deliver an individualized experience for subscribers. What is this process called?
11. To support an email marketing strategy, a business decides to personalize the email content they share with their list of subscribers. Which of the following strategies should they use? Select all that apply.
- Serve ads to highly specific customer groups
- Send messages that match where customers are in the marketing funnel
- Send promotions for special events
- Follow up on previous interactions
- Address each recipient directly
Shuffle Q/A 1
12. What does it mean when a brand has positive equity?
- It means consumers want to pay less for their products or services.
- It means consumers prefer to use their competitors’ products or services.
- It means believe they provide great value and amazing products.
- It means consumers feel good about the brand and might pay more for it.
13. An independent food truck vendor wants to grow its customer base. Which of the following is a specific business goal for this company?
- We want to increase our total number of customers this year. To do that, we will introduce more menu items and make it easier for customers to pay for their orders.
- We want to increase our number of customers by 50% over the next 12 months. To do that, we will add two popular specials as standard menu items and introduce an efficient mobile payment kiosk.
- We want to increase the number of customers that we serve each year to increase our year-over-year revenue. To do that, we will sell more meals and make it easier for customers to pay.
- We want to increase the number of meals we sell.