foundations of user experience (ux) design coursera answers week 2
Weekly challenge 2: Thinking like a UX designer
1. As a UX designer, one of the key challenges of getting to know your users is avoiding taking a narrow view of the user, or making assumptions that they have the same needs and wants as you do. To reach as many users as possible, which of the following questions should you understand about your user? Select all that apply.
- Do my users have disabilities to consider–whether temporary, situational, or permanent?
- Where are my users accessing the product or service?
- How much are users willing to pay for the product service?
- How familiar are my users with technology?
2. A designer completes the first three steps of the user-centered design process. This results in a design they hope will solve the end user’s problem. What is the final step in the process?
3. When following the user-centered design approach, what should a designer do after completing initial user research to better understand the user?
6. What is a platform?
- The design solution a designer uses to meet a user’s needs
- The system a designer uses to create a functional and affordable design
- The medium through which users experience a product
- The screen size a designer selects to ensure the design is accessible for most users
7. Fill in the blank: Responsive web design allows a website to change automatically depending on _______.
8. What does an equity-focused design approach seek to do?
- Accommodate the needs of users with disabilities
- Build products for one type of user, so the benefits can extend to many other types of users
- Build products that meet the needs of specific individuals and groups who have been excluded in the past