11. Identify why it’s important for UX designers to create and keep up-to-date social media profiles.
- Social media provides opportunities to build personal relationships
- Social media provides opportunities to connect with recruiters and potential employers
- Social media provides opportunities to post a company’s design content
- Social media provides opportunities to create fan pages of other designers
12. A designer is interested in sharing some snapshots of their specific skills with the broader design community. What sites will help them do that? Select all that apply.
13. A designer is interested in updating their existing online profiles as they start a job search. They have already set their personal profiles to private. What is another step they can take to improve their online presence?
- Delete comments they have made on social media.
- Ask their friends and family to delete old pictures.
- Make all their profile pictures professionally appropriate.
- Create a new online presence that is geared towards their career.
14. A designer is just getting comfortable with a new design tool and wants to try live streaming some of their work. What online community would be a good place to do that?
15. A designer is working on the “About Me” page on their portfolio site. Which of the following are items they might include? Select all that apply
16. A designer is deciding how to describe their work in their online portfolio. Should they include technical language and buzzwords, since the target audience includes people from the UX design industry?
- No. They should write content that is friendly, conversational, and aligns with their personal brand.
- Yes. They should write content that appeals only to industry professionals, recruiters, and hiring managers.
- Sometimes. They should use technical language if they can do so confidently, but conversational language if they are inexperienced.
17. What should designers include in the About Me page on their website?
Shuffle Q/A 1
18. What is a portfolio?
- A collection of creative work that showcases a designer’s skills in a certain area.
- A detailed outline of past jobs.
- A collection of job resources, past applications, and recommendation letters.
19. What is a benefit of using a website builder?
- Website builders make it possible to create a functional website without HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Website builders are only for advanced users.
- Website builders offer tutorials on building with code.
Website builders have a single template.
20. A good portfolio has which of the following qualities? Select all that apply
- A good portfolio must be created with an easy-to-use website builder.
- A good portfolio establishes a personal brand.
- A good portfolio is concise, and highlights key insights that helped inform a designer’s decisions on a project.
- A good portfolio tells an engaging story about a designer’s process.