21. It’s important for designers to include a personal statement to reinforce their professional presence online. What should a personal statement highlight?
22. A designer does not want coworkers and recruiters viewing their personal social media presence. What best practice for developing an online presence can they use?
23. How can designers benefit from online UX communities?
24. Fill in the blank: To convey the value of your work, you should create a story that _____.
25. Imagine that a designer writes content for their online portfolio. To align with their personal brand, they include friendly, conversational language. They write brief and snappy descriptions, and include key details about their professional background. Before they publish, what can they do to ensure the content is as good as it can be?
- Find a trusted editor to review the content
- Infuse buzzwords and technical terms into the written content
- Include quotes from friends acting as clients
- Add long descriptive paragraphs to hook readers
27. Why is it important for UX designers to use a portfolio during the job application process?
- Because it’s a great way to start feeling like a part of the UX design community
- Because jobs in the creative fields don’t accept traditional resumes
- Because it shows hiring managers examples of work and the skills a designer can bring to the job
28. A UX designer is working on their portfolio website. Why might they want to use a WYSIWYG website builder for this process?
- Website builders make it possible to create a website without coding knowledge.
- Website builders offer assistance with the necessary coding.
- Website builders provide good coding practice to expand the designer’s skills.
- Website builders provide a single unified, consistent template.