10. What are the advantages of hosting a design critique session? Select all that apply.
- Design critique session increase team camaraderie
- Design critique sessions are a great opportunity for designers to practice giving feedback to other team members
- Design critique sessions decrease tension between colleagues
- Design critique session are a chance for many people to come together to exchange ideas and make a collective choice on a design direction, in person or remotely
11. After a design critique session, a designer begins integrating feedback into their design. First, the designer implements the most important feedback from the session. Some of the feedback will require input from a specialist. The designer chose not to implement feedback that didn’t align with the design plans. Finally, the designer began implementing the feedback into the design. Which action did the designer forget?
12. When giving feedback, why is it best to describe problems rather than provide solutions?
- It lets a designer broaden their perspective on a project.
- It gives the designer time to process the feedback and come up with their own solution.
- It leads to fewer revisions and can save money over the course of a project.
- It is faster and more efficient to explore problems rather than solutions.
13. After a designer has presented their designs in a design critique, what are the next steps?
- Meet with each reviewer again to confirm their feedback.
- Scrap the designs and start from scratch with the feedback in mind.
- Process the feedback from reviewers and start generating action items.
- Move on to a new project.
14. In a design critique session of Arnaud’s design, a reviewer who experiences color-blindness reported that it was difficult to see the button copy. What would be a good course of action for Arnaud to address this feedback?
- Go back to the reviewer to test different designs by trial and error on the spot.
- Stick with the original button design because the colors came from the design system.
- Change the background color of that individual button.
- Find a color and text combination that passes accessibility standards and apply the changes wherever needed.
15. Fill in the blank: As a new UX design team member, it’s a good idea to consider _____.
- providing solutions rather than identifying problems
- holding off on any feedback until it’s been approved by a superior
- adjusting the feedback depending on the role of the person receiving feedback
- offering feedback based on personal preferences
16. A UX designer is preparing to get feedback about a mobile app they are almost finished designing. They are comfortable with the team and looking forward to presenting their work. Which of the following is a helpful question for the design to consider about the feedback process?
- Am I sure that it’s worthwhile to ask for feedback at this stage?
- Am I being too sensitive about the feedback that I’m receiving?
- Am I checking in regularly with other team members to get feedback on my designs?
- Am I ready to receive feedback from people who don’t know the project?
17. A design team plans a critique session for their latest prototype. They ask one of the members to be prepared to share the design and remain actively engaged in the session to ensure that the feedback is clearly understood. What role is this an example of?
Shuffle Q/A 1
18. Why is feedback so important in the design process? Select all that apply.
- To examine if designers are touching base with users often enough
- To identify a designer’s comfort level
- To identify personal values and biases that can influence a design
- To help designers come up with new questions or ideas