20. What is a design critique session?
- A competition between UX designers for the creation of the final design
- A planned period of time where UX designers present their work to team members and listen to feedback
- An opportunity for design practice with the design team and the project stakeholders
- A week or more to answer critical business questions on the design project
21. When giving feedback, which of the following is a best practice?
- Support your feedback with reasoning
- Keep your feedback broad
- Deliver your feedback to an entry level team member in the same way you would to a senior employee
- Provide the solution you think should be applied
22. When synthesizing feedback from a design critique session, what are some things a designer should do?
- The designer should let that reviewer know that their suggestion was unnecessary when their feedback is not applied as an action item
- The designer should start by identifying themes in the feedback from multiple reviewers.
- The designer should always make the decision alone on whether or not to implement a piece of feedback.
- The designer should make sure that every piece of feedback is somehow implemented into the designs.
23. What should a designer consider when reflecting on how much feedback they give and receive at each stage of a project? Select all that apply.
- Am I checking with the right superiors before giving my feedback?
- Am I checking in regularly with other team members to get feedback on my designs?
- Am I able to comfortably give constructive feedback about another designer’s project?
- Am I letting people know when I don’t like the feedback they’ve offered?
25. Which helpful tips should you consider when giving feedback? Select all that apply.
26. A designer presented a design during a design critique session. The most frequent feedback was that the design needed to consider a more accessible color palette for users with limited vision. What actionable steps can this designer take?
- Identify feedback that’s more important and focus on those critiques first
- Discuss alternatives that work around the feedback rather than addressing it
- Consider consulting a diversity and accessibility representative at the company
- Refrain from taking action until there is a better reason for the feedback.
27. Fill in the blank: When synthesizing feedback from a design critique session, a designer should start by _____.
- letting reviewers know that their suggestions have been made into action items
- ensuring that every piece of feedback is somehow implemented into the designs
- identifying themes in the feedback
- making decisions alone on whether or not to implement a piece of feedback
28. The newest member of a design team emails another designer to review the mockups they drafted. How should the more senior designer reply?
- They should forward the email to the Lead UX designer without a reply because they’re short on time.
- They should recognize what the new team member did well, list a couple of potential issues, and offer to meet in person to discuss them further.
- In order to spare the new team member’s feelings, ignore any problems, and say that everything looks perfect.
- They should reply with a list of all the design elements that are wrong and detail exactly how to fix them.