16. ___________________ should be the first step when troubleshooting
- Gathering information to identify the problem by asking the user questions
- Asking the user to restart the computer
- Telling the user to run a virus check
- Asking the user to clear the web browser cache
17. _______ is how the “Isolating the problem” troubleshooting method help us to solve the problem.
18. When troubleshooting a problem, the main goal should always be _____
20. Consider the following case study:
You receive a phone call from a remote user, saying they cannot connect to the company server. The user is in a rush and is frustrated. You take the call and start your interaction with the user. The user, having some computer knowledge, tells you what steps they perform to try to solve the problem. In order to find the root cause, you need to re-try some of the same steps the user performed. Which of the following is the best way to communicate with the user the steps you want to perform?
- Telling the user you can not trust what they have done and need to start your own troubleshooting.
- Saying, “Sorry for inconveniencing you, I know that you already did some of these steps, but in order to find the root cause, I will need you to perform some of them again.”
- Saying, “Let us start working on your problem. Please do the following steps.”
- Acknowledging the steps the user did and go radio silence while you evaluate the problem.
22. What is the first thing that should be written in the IT documentation process?
24. Sometimes there are multiple options that can be used to isolate a problem. What option should be tried first?
25. Scenario: The help desk receives a call from a customer\user with the problem, “My laptop is not turning on.” Select the best ticket documentation.
- The user connected the laptop to the power supply.
- After asking the user when was the last time they charged the laptop, it was found the laptop had not been charged in four days. I asked the user to plug-in the laptop to a power outlet and wait at least 5 minutes and try again. The laptop is working fine.
- Laptop not working. Working now.
- Issue solved.
Shuffle Q/A 1
26. What is the first step to follow when troubleshooting?
- Tell the user that you need to keep the computer for troubleshooting.
- Assume a cause for the problem and try to solve the problem based on the assumption.
- Ask follow up questions to identify the problem.
- Ask the user to restart the computer.