13. You create a list of tasks for a project and determine which tasks the team must complete before another task can begin. What type of tasks have you identified?
14. As a project manager, you use interpersonal skills to lead your team effectively. You ask the right questions and negotiate effectively with your team on a daily basis. What is a third important interpersonal skill you can use?
16. As a project manager, you schedule regular meetings with your team throughout the project to ask questions about the tasks and learn more about their skill sets. What project plan best practice does this represent?
17. As a project manager, you realize that with the current timeline, it’s unlikely you will meet the project deadline. Which of the following strategies could help you to meet the deadline? Select all that apply.
18. As a project manager, you estimate a task to take two days. Your team actually took five days to complete the task. What describes the tendency that caused you to underestimate the time for the task?
19. When creating a critical path, what does a network diagram help visualize? Select all that apply.
- Which non-essential tasks are not on the critical path
- The path of work from the start to the end of the project
- The tasks that can be performed in parallel
- Which skilled teammate can work on each task
21. You create a new project plan for your company’s staff training program. Which component of the project plan tracks the project’s estimated launch date, start date, and end date?
22. A project manager creates a task to have 100 books delivered to the company’s library. In the planning phase, how can the project manager account for the potential delays from the vendor?
Shuffle Q/A 2
23. In project planning, float is the amount of time a task can be delayed past its earliest start date without impacting the project. How much float is allowed for tasks on the critical path?
24. You are meeting with a teammate to get an estimate for a website launch page design. What question can you ask your teammate to get an accurate time estimate for the task?
- Can you allocate some time to work on the design this week?
- Can you turn the design of the web page in by tonight?
- How long does it typically take to mockup a website design like this one?
- Is this the only project you are currently working on?