13. As a project manager, you think about where your budget might exceed estimates and how the project might get off track. Which project planning component are you implementing?
14. You review the tasks for the project and set dates to begin the project, site launch, and gather user feedback. Which of the following components of the planning phase does this update?
15. Which of the following would be considered tasks for opening a new cafe? Select all that apply.
16. What are the benefits of setting milestones? Select all that apply.
- Breaking down information into milestones gives you a better idea of the amount of work that needs to be done.
- Setting milestones encourages you to take time away from the project for new ideas.
- Setting milestones helps you keep your project on track with clear deadlines for when to complete deliverables.
- Setting milestones helps you to figure out if you need to adjust your scope, timelines, or resources to meet your goals.
17. Project managers should follow which three best practices when assigning tasks to complete milestones? Select all that apply.
18. What are the benefits of making a work breakdown structure (WBS)? Select all that apply.
- You have a visualization tool that assists in assigning tasks.
- You can get a sense of each stakeholder’s workload.
- You can assign tasks to two or more team members.
- You and your teammates can easily identify the tasks you assigned to each milestone.
20. In the project planning phase, you create a timeline that includes the start and end date, as well as dates for events in between. What is this timeline called?
21. As a project manager, you try to take all the right steps to prepare for the project. What steps should you take? Select all that apply.
- Understand the work the team needs to do to achieve their goals.
- Identify and prepare for risks that could impact the project.
- Form the project plan with the team so they have a shared understanding of the project.
- Coordinate the current budget to match other project budgets.
22. As a project manager, you facilitate a kick-off meeting. During the meeting, you introduce the shared vision of the project and why it matters. Where on the agenda should this be?
Shuffle Q/A 2
23. As a project manager, you facilitate a kick-off meeting. What is a step you can take to ensure all the details are stated in your notes?
- Ask team members to repeat parts of what you missed in your notes.
- Ask a team member to take notes on key points and action items.
- Take notes to the best of your ability and capture what you can in the summary.
- Ask team members to speak more slowly so you can write down all notes.