11. Fill in the blank: An important part of dashboard design is the placement of charts, graphs, and other visual elements. They should be _____, which means that they are balanced and make good use of available space.
13. While preparing a presentation, you decide to limit the number of lines and words on each slide. This will help keep your audience attentive to what you are saying rather than focusing on reading slides. What is the greatest number of lines and words you should use on each slide?
14. You are creating a slideshow for a client presentation. There is a pivot table in a spreadsheet that you want to include. In order for the pivot table to update whenever the spreadsheet source file changes, how should you incorporate it into your slideshow? Select all that apply.
15. A data analyst wants to tell a story with data. As a second step, they focus on showing the story of the data to highlight the meaning behind the numbers. Which step of data storytelling does this describe?
16. Which of the following questions do data analysts ask to make sure they will engage their audience? Select all that apply.
- What information will convince the audience that my opinion is correct?
- What roles do the people in this audience play?
- What does the audience hope to do with the data insights?
- What is the audience’s stake in the project?
17. A data analyst links their visualizations to external spreadsheets containing the data being described. What is the purpose for doing this?
- It allows changes made to the spreadsheet data that will not change the visualizations.
- It allows for the creation of multiple visualizations using the same dataset.
- It allows the visualization to be edited without the spreadsheet data being affected.
- It allows changes made to the spreadsheet data to automatically reflect in the visualizations.