13. As a project manager you are practicing risk management. You have already defined potential risks, determined their likelihood, and prioritized them. Now, you’re making a plan to address and manage each risk. This represents which risk management step?
15. A project manager identifies a series of tasks in an upcoming project that can only be started when the previous task has been completed. What term defines the relationship between these tasks?
16. A project manager has just learned that a supplier has a history of missing deadlines. The supplier is defensive when asked about this. The project manager decides to find a new vendor. What kind of risk mitigation strategy is this?
17. A project manager communicates a newly discovered risk to a stakeholder. They include the risk in a weekly planning email with potential ways to address the risk if needed. What level of risk are they likely writing about?
18. A project manager has identified a number of tasks in an upcoming project with dependencies. Most of the dependencies are finish to finish. What situation is this dependency describing?
19. A project manager writes a risk management plan. Currently they are working on an introduction to the conditions of the project and an outline of the potential risks. What is the name of this section in the risk management plan?
20. A project manager needs to identify and plan for known problems that can affect project completion. What are these known problems called in project management?
21. As a project manager practicing risk management, you find and define potential project risks. Which risk management step does this represent?
22. A project manager has just identified a risk that has the potential to be catastrophic and halt work across a project. What is this type of risk known as?
Shuffle Q/A 2
23. A project manager has just learned that a supplier is currently running low on required materials for a project. The supplier is very confident that the materials will be restocked before they are needed for the project. The project manager decides to continue with the vendor rather than finding a new one. What kind of risk mitigation strategy is this?
24. Which of the following is a recommended method to communicate a medium-level risk to stakeholders?
- Call an urgent in-person meeting with stakeholders to present the risk and your plan to mitigate it.
- Present the risk and your mitigation plan during the team meeting next month.
- In the weekly planning email, briefly describe the risk and your plan to mitigate it.
- Send stakeholders a direct email that outlines the risk and includes a detailed explanation of your mitigation plan.