14. What is the difference between bottom-up design and top-down design?
- Bottom-up design means designing for the device users access the least and embellishing designs later for devices users access the most. Top-down design means designing for the device users access the most and working down to devices users access the least.
- Bottom-up design means designing for a large screen size and embellishing designs for smaller screen sizes. Top-down design means designing for a small screen and working up toward a larger screen.
- Bottom-up design means designing for the smallest version of your site and embellishing designs for larger screen sizes. Top-down design means designing for a large screen and working down toward a smaller screen.
17. You design a music streaming app for laptops, desktops, and mobile phones. Users can start a playlist from their laptop or desktop and listen to it on mobile phones, or vice versa, as long as the devices are attached to the same account log-in. Which of the four Cs does this feature represent?
18. What are some drawbacks to responsive web apps?
- Responsive web apps require an internet connection or cell signal.
- Responsive web apps require building different versions for different platforms.
- Responsive web apps are more expensive to build.
- Responsive web apps take up space on mobile devices.
19 Review the journey map for user persona Shane: Shane was able to browse the catalog of books, but was not able to find any twentieth century books in a short time. Based on this pain point, you recommend expanding the site’s filter options. Which row in the journey map should include your recommendations?
21. A design team is working on an app for a government information tool and suggests this problem statement: Casey just moved to the area and needs to get information about setting up utilities because he doesn’t know who to contact. What element is missing in the problem statement?
22. Consider the following persona and answer the following question:
- As a professional and avid reader of political thrillers, I want to build another bookshelf, so I can collect more books.
- As a social person and busy professional, I want to adjust my work hours, so that I can check out books before the library closes.
- As a busy professional and avid book lover, I want to be able to reserve books in advance, so that I can pick them up based on my schedule.
24. You decide to design a global communication app for a mobile device first. Which of the following factors contribute to your decision?
Shuffle Q/A 1
25. Fill in the blank: Designing solutions for the next billion users (NBU) should include solutions based on a _____ philosophy, so they can be accessible for all of these new potential users.
26. Why should designers take a mobile-first approach when designing solutions for new potential users?
- Adopting a mobile-first approach converts mobile users to desktops users.
- Using a mobile-first approach is best for global users, since most people use a mobile phone to access the internet.
- Focusing on mobile users first offers a quicker path to a product’s launch.
- Prioritizing mobile users ensures access for those with access to other devices.