49. A marketer sends regular newsletters to customers. They include relevant content about the company and its products. What additional content should they include in their newsletters?
- Links to employees’ social media pages
- Resources such as articles relevant to the subscriber’s lifestyle
- Links to several external sites created by the business
- Surveys with questions to learn more about the customer
52. When creating email newsletters, which of the following tactics should you use to capture the reader's attention?
53. Which of the following describes the relationship between an acquisition email and a welcome email?
- Acquisition emails are sent to acquire new customers. Welcome emails are then sent out to those new customers.
- Acquisition emails are sent to acquire new customers. Welcome emails including news and informational content relevant to the company are then sent out regularly.
- Welcome emails are sent to acquire new customers. Acquisition emails are then sent out to those new customers.
- Welcome emails are sent to acquire new customers. Acquisition emails including news and informational content relevant to the company are then sent out regularly.
54. When crafting a promotional email, what best practice should you follow to make it successful?
- Focus on the promotion instead of product features
- Announce the promotion in the body of the email
- Include a survey for customers to share their feedback
- Keep the heading short and the body of the email long
55. A marketer creates an email to attract new customers. They include a brief description of their offering and its value to the customers. They also add a “Click here” button and write a funny subject line to encourage customers to click on the email. What additional best practice should they follow to create a successful acquisition email?
- Assume that recipients know about the business and its products
- Include information about recent management changes at the company
- Add additional calls to action for recipients to choose from, such as “Learn more” and “Buy now”
- Offer recipients something, such as a free trial or educational information