13. What are common characteristics of a preliminary interview?
- A preliminary interview lasts longer than most interviews and happens in a casual setting.
- A preliminary interview is usually a brief, face-to-face meeting conducted by one person.
- A preliminary interview is usually a longer meeting completed via an email QA form.
- A preliminary interview is usually a fast-paced meeting conducted over the phone or via video chat.
14. During an interview, you answer a question by saying, “In my last job, as an office administrator, the small business owner wanted to grow their social media following.” Which STAR method step does this dialogue represent?
15. As an entry-level digital marketer, you create an elevator pitch. What will you include in the introduction of your elevator pitch?
- The most applicable part of your background that you bring to a job opportunity
- Who you are, your current role, and a short description of your professional background
- What companies you have worked with, and why you no longer work there
- What makes you excited to be working in your industry, and your passion for your work
16. Which best describes a role as a specialist? Select all that apply.
- Role within a specific field such as SEO, social media, or email marketing
- Multifaceted role that allows for experience in many different areas
- Role as a digital marketer, content strategist, or e-commerce digital strategist
- Role focuses on a singular aspect of either digital marketing or e-commerce
17. Which of the following is true about printed documents as portfolios?
- Printed documents allow employers to select links to view the applicant’s different projects.
- Printed documents can be created using presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Printed documents are convenient and portable but cannot be submitted to online resume portals.
- Printed documents are easy to create and allow employers to conveniently access an applicant’s work online.
18. What is the difference between a CV and a resume?
- A CV includes graphics and supporting material. A resume uses words to describe an applicant’s professional history.
- A CV includes academic credentials and professional experience. A resume includes background, skills, and accomplishments.
- A CV is short and limited to one page. A resume length depends on the applicant’s experience.
- A CV is a visual description of projects. A resume includes examples of an applicant’s professional history.
19. A candidate is invited to attend an interview. Members of the team they would work with will attend this interview. What type of interview are they likely attending?
20. While doing pre-interview research, a candidate learns about the requirements and expectations of a new job. How should the candidate find these requirements and expectations?
- By contacting the interviewer on LinkedIn and asking them how to succeed in the role
- By using LinkedIn to find someone in the same role and asking them about the background, knowledge, and skills needed in the role
- By visiting the company’s website to learn about its values, achievements, and company culture
- By commenting on the Facebook page of an employee at the company and asking them for a detailed description
21. When asked a question during an interview, you responded, “In my previous role as an e-commerce specialist, the client I worked with wanted to create a new online store.” What did you do according to the STAR method?
22. As an entry-level digital marketer, you create an elevator pitch. What should you include about your background in your elevator pitch?
- The reason you started working in your industry
- The part of your background that applies to the job opportunity
- Why you no longer work at your previous company
- Your entire professional background
Shuffle Q/A 2
23. Which of the following statements regarding how to present a portfolio is true?
- Websites are typically faster to create than slideshow presentations.
- There is one best form to present a portfolio.
- You can create printed documents on Google Docs, Canva, or Adobe InDesign.
- Printed documents can be submitted to online resume portals.