37. How can marketers determine the purpose of an email marketing campaign?
- Communicate in a tone that is courteous and helpful in some way
- Reflect on the reader’s perspective and what kind of narrative they prefer
- Add details such as who came up with the idea for the product
- Consider why they are sending an email in the first place
38. As a digital marketer, you are dividing your email list by psychographic characteristics. Which of the following best represents psychographic characteristics?
39. Which of the following best describes a merge tag or personalization tag?
- A code that combines email lists for efficiency
- A code that deletes similar emails before a recipient reads it
- A code that allows the writer to insert unique user data
- A code that sends emails automatically to recipients based on previously opened emails
42. Fill in the blank: In email writing, you should always address your readers by using _____ language. This point of view is used for giving directions, offering advice, or providing an explanation.
43. Common email marketing mistakes include sending a broken link. What is an example of this kind of mistake?
- Sending an email with the wrong product page URL
- Sending an email to the incorrect age group
- Sending an email with a “Happy holidays” message in February
- Sending an email that reads, “Happy birthday, [First name]!”
44. As a digital marketer, you are building an email list for an upcoming campaign. How can you use search engine marketing to help build your list?
- Add a prompt on a website that encourages people to share their email
- Offer a discount in the ad that encourages people to subscribe to the list
- Ask for referrals in return for a discounted offer
- Share social media links that encourage people to follow the brand’s page
45. Imagine you are sending an email to announce a product launch. You write about how the product creators came up with the product idea, what motivated them to create it, and the problem the product solves. This represents which tip for writing effective emails?
46. What is a best practice when writing email content?
Shuffle Q/A 4
47. Why is it useful to segment audiences based on demographics?
- It changes frequently but delivers more conversions.
- It is based on fairly consistent information that does not change frequently.
- It shows what action customers take when shopping on a website.
- It targets customers based on their activities, interests, and opinions.