11. A data analyst has been invited to a meeting. They review the agenda and notice that their data analysis project is one of the topics that will be discussed. How can they prepare for an effective meeting? Select all that apply.
- Bring materials for taking notes.
- Plan to arrive on time.
- Think about what project updates they should share.
- Create and share a revised agenda that includes many more details about their project.
12. Which of the following steps are key to leading a professional online meeting? Select all that apply.
- Maintaining control of the meeting by keeping everyone else on mute.
- Sitting in a quiet area that’s free of distractions
- Making sure your technology is working properly before starting the meeting
- Keeping an eye on your inbox during the meeting in case of an important email
13. A team member has asked you to take on a task, and you don’t understand the point of the project. It seems like it will be a waste of your time. The best course of action would be to politely explain your concerns and decline the project.
14. Fill in the blank: A data analytics team is working on a project to measure the success of a company’s new financial strategy. The vice president of finance is most likely to be the _____.
15. At an online marketplace, the _____ includes anyone in an organization who interacts with current or potential shoppers.
16. There are four key questions data analysts ask themselves: Who is my audience? What do they already know? What do they need to know? And how can I communicate effectively with them? These questions enable data analysts to identify the person in charge of managing the data.
17. A data analyst has been invited to a meeting. They review the agenda and notice that their data analysis project is one of the topics that will be discussed. They plan to arrive on time and have a pen and paper to take notes. But they do not spend time considering project updates they could share or questions they may be asked. This is appropriate because they’re not the one running the meeting.
18. A data analytics team is working on a project to measure the success of a company’s new financial strategy. Select the person most likely to be the primary stakeholder for this project.
Shuffle Q/A 2
19. To communicate clearly with stakeholders and team members, there are four key questions data analysts ask themselves. One of them is: What does my audience need to know? Identify the remaining three questions. Select all that apply.
20. Conflict is a natural part of working on a team. What are some ways to help shift a situation from problematic to productive? Select all that apply.
- Take a moment to check your emotions before engaging in an argument.
- Ask for a conversation to help you better understand the big picture.
- Reframe the question by asking, “How can I help?”
- Identify the person who caused the issue so they can take responsibility.