25. As a project manager, you want to integrate change management into your project. Which of the following tools could you use to help people adopt a change? Select all that apply.
26. What action should a project manager take to ensure effective project governance?
- Prioritize governance trends over the organization’s specific needs.
- Treat project governance as separate from corporate governance.
- Take on projects without sufficient resources to push the team beyond their perceived capabilities.
- Elicit the input of senior stakeholders since they are decision makers.
28. You have started a new job at a company where project managers often have the same level of authority as functional managers. Which of the following best describes the organizational structure at your company?
29. Which of the following accurately describes how organizational structure impacts project management? Select all that apply.
- It affects the client’s criteria for success.
- It affects the project manager’s level of authority and their ability to make decisions that impact the larger organization.
- It affects the availability of resources that can be devoted to a project.
- It affects the client’s project satisfaction.
30. Fill in the blank: An organization's culture provides context and acts as a guide for what their people value, how they operate on a daily basis, how they relate to one another, and how they can be expected to perform. In other words, organizational culture can be thought of as the company's _____ .
31. Which of the following questions can help project managers learn about a company’s organizational culture? Select all that apply.
32. As someone interviewing for a project management role, you want to understand the organizational culture of the company you’re interviewing with. Which of the following questions could help you learn about the company’s policies? Select all that apply.
- What are the company’s mission and value statements?
- What are appropriate ways for employees to share their identity in the workplace?
- Does the company allow employees to work from home?
- What will be the average age of your project team members?
33. Which of the following refers to the council that helps project managers make and approve strategic decisions that affect both the company and the project?
34. Which of the following are ways that organizational structure determines your role as a project manager? Select all that apply.
- Organizational structure determines where you fit in
- Organizational structure determines your career growth
- Organizational structure determines how frequently to communicate
- Organizational structure determines who you should communicate with
Shuffle Q/A 3
35. Which answer best describes a Classic organizational structure?
- It refers to how a company is arranged, how job tasks are divided and coordinated, and how members of the organization relate to one another.
- It allows for easy communication among project teams that sit across different functions.
- It refers to the traditional, top-down reporting structure with a clear chain of command.
- It involves reporting to stakeholders across teams in addition to direct managers.
36. Which of the following questions can help project managers learn about a company’s organizational culture? Select all that apply.
- What is the benchmark salary for people performing this project role?
- How are decisions made, majority vote or top down approvals?
- Where was the organization founded?
- What kinds of rituals are in place when someone new comes to the office?