25. Why is segmenting an effective email marketing strategy?
- Segmenting allows a company to target tailored emails to specific people to ensure the customers will enjoy them.
- Segmenting allows a company to send interesting emails to all subscribers to ensure customers will enjoy them.
- Segmenting allows a company to send emails to generalized groups of people to ensure customers will enjoy them.
- Segmenting allows a company to schedule emails to be sent daily to ensure customers will enjoy them.
26. A company sends branded emails to a subscriber list. The emails include the company’s latest products and discount codes for online orders. Why did the company choose email marketing to promote its products?
- It is a useful tool that relies on the manual design, formatting, and hyperlinking of emails.
- It is an effective tool for promoting products to potential, new, and existing customers.
- It is a helpful tool because it targets niche audiences that may be important to the brand.
- It is a useful tool that offers a $2 return on investment for every dollar spent.
27. How can an inexperienced, entry-level marketer create an effective email campaign?
- They experiment with email marketing tools and rely on common email templates.
- They can edit emails after sending them, which offer flexibility to make changes at any time.
- They use several email automation tools to simplify the process and build an effective campaign.
- They generate a high return on investment which increases the campaign budget and staff.
28. Which of the following are ways a company uses return on investment (ROI)? Select all that apply.
29. While creating an email marketing strategy, you conduct an analysis to identify the brand’s core strengths and mission. What analysis helps you learn more about the brand?
30. A sales-driven e-commerce store with a high volume of monthly orders wants to increase their online sales by 25%. What element should they consider to make this a SMART goal?
31. When creating an email marketing campaign, you set a standard for how you will present your brand and maintain that standard in all customer communications. Which marketing best practice is this an example of?
32. A digital marketer promotes a business by sending several emails per week. The emails offer promotions that seem unbelievable and the marketer notices a low email engagement rate. What tip will likely increase their email engagement rate?
33. A surf shop creates an email campaign to target customers aged 25-45 who are interested in paddleboarding and other ocean activities. What email marketing best practice will help them target these customers?
- Use a single email design throughout the campaign
- Segment email lists by age and gender
- Mention paddleboarding or ocean activities at the end of each email
- Segment email lists by age and location
34. Which of the following is an effective tool for promoting services, products, goods, and stories to potential, new, and existing customers?
Shuffle Q/A 3
35. Why should you segment subscribers in an email marketing list?
- It allows you to send the same email to every subscriber.
- It allows you to provide more context for your hyperlinks.
- It allows you to send tailored emails to specific people.
- It allows you to set a standard and define what quality means for the brand.