26. Imagine a company’s customers frequently leave items in their cart. What could the company do to encourage a customer to purchase the items they’ve left behind?
27. Which of the following is an example of a retention email? Select all that apply.
- Offering a glimpse into what a product or service will give customers
- Sending a special offer to customers who are not engaging with newsletters or promotional emails
- Providing customers with some new or educational information
- Sending a follow-up email after a customer makes a purchase asking for feedback
28. What is an example of relevant information you can include in an email newsletter?
- Information about why customers abandon their carts
- Information about how the business earned new customers
- Information about a new product or service the business is launching
- Information about a business’s access to customer information
30. Fill in the blank: A _____ is a concise instruction included in a promotional email that tells the customer what to do next.
31. A marketer creates an acquisition email. They include a product catalog and a banner offering customers free shipping on their first order. They also include unique and catchy email copy. What additional email best practice will help the marketer create a successful acquisition email?
- Include “Acquisition email” in the subject line
- Update the copy to match what other businesses are using
- Target customers who have prior knowledge of the business
- Add a clear call-to-action such as “Order now”
32. Which of the following are reasons a company might want to send a newsletter? Select all that apply.
- To announce the launch of a new product or service
- To remind a customer to purchase something they left in their cart
- To share external resources, like articles that might be relevant or interesting to customers
- To introduce a new update from the company that subscribers would want to know about
33. A marketer notices low engagement with their newsletters and promotional emails for a segment of customers. What can they do to encourage these customers to engage with the brand?
34. What type of follow-up email does a company send after a customer makes a purchase asking for feedback on that customers’ shopping experience?
Shuffle Q/A 3
35. A digital marketer creates a promotional email that only a few recipients open. What tip will help them write better subject lines that recipients want to open?
- Introduce or tease the promotion in the subject line
- Avoid mentioning the promotion until the body copy
- Include a brief description of the product or service
- Include “Promotional email” in the subject line