13. You are managing a long-term project with few clear milestones. To keep up momentum and morale, you wrap up weekly meetings by highlighting the team’s best work. Which aspect of effective team building does this scenario demonstrate?
14. In what way can project managers create systems and turn chaos into order?
- Make team members communicate with stakeholders about goals.
- Ensure team members feel safe asking questions.
- Implement a standardized process to measure success for your team.
- Email team members asking for feedback on the team.
15. You complete a project, celebrate a job well done, and release all team members to their next assignment. What is this stage of Bruce Tuckman’s five stages of team development?
16. What can project managers do to support ethical and inclusive leadership? Select all that apply.
17. Which of the following are common mistakes a person makes when attempting to influence others? Select all that apply.
18. Which of the following are steps in the ethical decision-making framework developed by the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics? Select all that apply.
19. A project manager works hard to improve team members’ sense of purpose towards a project. What factor are they trying to improve for team effectiveness?
20. How can project managers demonstrate empathy and create motivation within a team?
- Create a system for team members to complete tasks.
- Request that team members send a chat message every day.
- Ask the team regular questions and recognize a job well done.
- Invite leadership to the team’s daily standups.
21. As a project manager, you act as a role model, create a comfortable environment, and recognize team contributions. These actions demonstrate which inclusive leadership principle?
22. What are Jay A. Conger’s four steps to effective influencing?
- Create equal opportunities, foster a culture of respect, demonstrate ethical leadership, and align values with the team
- Motivate the team, manage team dynamics, resolve conflicts, and celebrate milestones
- Establish credibility, frame for common ground, provide evidence, and connect emotionally
- Form the team, storm through conflict, norm practices, and perform actions